Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

[WIP] mp_dr_familyguy

65 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, iMtroll said:

Every script is public once a map is uploaded to the internet so long as the scripts for it are compiled with it. So what you're telling me is that because the scripts are public it's absolutely fine for me to decompile a map and take what I want from it to use?

Raid Gaming everyone, teaching people to be more like Apple every day.

yes because 1 person = the whole of raid

anymore posts about this matter within this topic will be deleted and if you carry on you won't be able to post. This is about jwofles map and what he's adding not what you think is right or wrong.

What the hell happened in this topic O.o

@Jwofles

You should be able to look in mp_dr_twitch's scripts for a way to start/stop sounds. Pretty sure I did something like that but I'm not 100% sure. Just saying a look in there might help. If you find something useful feel free to use it however you'd like. I've never considered scripts to be anything but open-source anyway.

On 8/2/2016 at 0:43 AM, jwofles said:

Is there a way I can stop any other sound in script from playing? But not stop a specific sound playing?

Or if that's not possible, can I use ambient play so only one song in the background plays at once? Is that how ambient play works?

spawnonplayerperson() {
	while( true ) {
		// Forget about this bit
		level waittill("spawned", player);
		player thread toggleTrail( level.Effect["youreffect"] ); // Ideally this would not be here. It would be somewhere else but meh.
	}
}

toggleTrail( effect ) {
	if( !isDefined( self.trailAffect ) ) {
		self.trailAffect = true;
		self thread spawnTrail( effect ); 
	} else {
		if( isDefined( self.spawnFake ) ) // note to developers. This is how you safely destroy something. 
			self.spawnFake Destroy(); 
		self.trailAffect = undefined;
	}
}

spawnTrail( effect ) {
	self.spawnFake = spawn("tag_origin", self getOrigin() );
	self.spawnFake linkTo( self ); // not sure if I can actually point to self. If not then change it for self.model or self.head

while( !self.trailAffect ) { // if the Fx loops by it's self then you can remove the loop.
		PlayFxOnTag( effect, self.spawnFake, "tag_origin");
	}
}

Ignoring the retarded argument above that is completely ignoring the fact that taking with out permission is stealing. Then here is the code you are looking for. I think this will work. I don't have the time to actually check it out. I think PlayFxOnTag can be called without having a caller but I may be wrong. Just tell me any errors you get and I will fix them. It's toggable so you would call toggleTrail( level.Effect["youreffect"] ); to get it to start and then that again to get it to stop. 

If it doesn't work then like I said. Just tell me the errors and I will adjust my code accordingly. I have no clue where on the player this will link to but if you do end up using self.head then I think you can guess although I would stick to self unless it doesn't work. 

ps: I love how about 5 of the people that replied to this topic where all able to go and find the right code or just do what I have done. Its such a simple code. But either way. I am not getting into the argument. I'm just saying that there would be no argument if you had helped and not just pointed to a place of where you can steal the code from. 

is this still a wip or has it been abandoned? I'd really love to see this become an actual map, I loved it on gmod and that'd be awesome to enjoy it on cod4 as well :D

1 hour ago, Space said:

is this still a wip or has it been abandoned? I'd really love to see this become an actual map, I loved it on gmod and that'd be awesome to enjoy it on cod4 as well :D

It's like 95% done, I need @MiKeY's help for some endrooms and it'll be ready.

help me pls

61fed6189b214e23b41ffad10465ddca.png

Expression:
    (g_streamOutMemory)
    ("VirtualAlloc returned NULL; may be out of memory") = VirtualAlloc returned NULL; may be out of memory

Module:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\bin\linker_pc.exe
File:    C:\trees\cod3-pc\cod3-modtools\cod3src\src\database\db_stream_save.cpp
Line:    508

EDIT - fixed, thanks @Triton (the fix is to just close everything on task manager, in my case it's atom which i need to close before i compile)

10 hours ago, jwofles said:

how do you hide a player

it's literally just

player hide();

or

self hide();

or

level.activ hide();

depending on the context of the script of course.

then when you want them to not be invisible you do a show();

so if the script were using the context of self it'd be

self show();

Combine that with spooky fx being played on the hidden player for extra fun.

If you ever download twitch sources you can see how I used the function in trap06() aka the ufo trap.

On 27/08/2016 at 1:07 PM, Darmuh said:

it's literally just

player hide();

Okay I put that in, I hope it works.

Anyway, the map is done, I just need mikey to help me implement something to prevent the megroom from being picked again and something to give the player unlimited ammo and then I need to test it.

Hopefully I can release it within the next 2 days.

4 hours ago, jwofles said:

Okay I put that in, I hope it works.

Anyway, the map is done, I just need mikey to help me implement something to prevent the megroom from being picked again and something to give the player unlimited ammo and then I need to test it.

Hopefully I can release it within the next 2 days.

make sure you eventually show the player again at some point in your script (like round end) because I dont think the mod has any round start functions which show the player. I could be wrong though.

The map is gonna be tested tonight around 11pm-12am BST (around 2 hours from now).

Okay I guess we're testing tomorrow, anywho, does anybody know if I add endmap1.mp3 in my map, I can play a custom endmap song just for when my map ends?

Also, my map used to hide the other parts in the map because they were all in separate skyboxes but now it draws the whole map all of the time... I tried portalling it but I don't think I did it right so it did nothing. I really need to fix this as it drops my fps down from normal to 50fps lmao.

8 hours ago, jwofles said:

Okay I guess we're testing tomorrow, anywho, does anybody know if I add endmap1.mp3 in my map, I can play a custom endmap song just for when my map ends?

Also, my map used to hide the other parts in the map because they were all in separate skyboxes but now it draws the whole map all of the time... I tried portalling it but I don't think I did it right so it did nothing. I really need to fix this as it drops my fps down from normal to 50fps lmao.

If I Recall Correctly, the endmap should work; considering older maps used to replace weapon skins with their own. Not sure though, I'd test it out locally and see what happens.

Also, (another IIRC) pretty sure you cant have more than one skybox in a cod4 map. Again, not sure if i'm right but I kind of remember looking into that sort of thing before.

Might just be that you can't use two different skybox textures though

9 hours ago, Darmuh said:

Also, (another IIRC) pretty sure you cant have more than one skybox in a cod4 map. Again, not sure if i'm right but I kind of remember looking into that sort of thing before.

Might just be that you can't use two different skybox textures though

Multiple skyboxes is a thing but as you said you can't have multiple skybox textures in one map.

Anyway, the map isn't being released until this FPS issue is solved, I've tried portalling (but nobody really knows how to portal that I ask) and that didn't work. Like, a week or two ago, the multiple skyboxes worked perfectly and they weren't drawing what's inside of them at all times but now the whole map is drawn constantly and i can't reach 333.