Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwofles

[WIP] mp_dr_familyguy

65 posts in this topic

what happened to darmuh post

what happened to darmuh post

maybe some1 got salty

I troubleshooted, fixed it temporarily, now it crashes cod4x.

CoD4x is being a cunt, I had problems with it when I tried to setup B3 localy on my laptop :dave: uninstalled and now I can connect with my private cod4 server with B3 :dave:.

I'd highly recommend using the private CoD4x Bypass.

My boy lossy can hit you up with it.

Approaching completion, does anybody have a working trail script?

This won't work for me 'who playFXOnTag( level.red, who, "j_head" );', it throws an error (yes, who and red are defined).

6 minutes ago, jwofles said:

This won't work for me 'who playFXOnTag( level.red, who, "j_head" );', it throws an error (yes, who and red are defined).

Look at Xenon's map for the script. Forgot the name of the map though.

22 minutes ago, jwofles said:

did u update zone file m8

also sorry to derail a bit but "who" is the player and level.red is the animation correct?

1 hour ago, BosnianArmy said:

Look at Xenon's map for the script. Forgot the name of the map though.

Teaching people to decompile maps to get scripts... why do I feel you don't belong in the help section of this forum?

39 minutes ago, iMtroll said:

Teaching people to decompile maps to get scripts... why do I feel you don't belong in the help section of this forum?

I see nothing wrong with using other people's work as long as credit is given.

Why force yourself to reinvent the wheel?

1 hour ago, Darmuh said:

I see nothing wrong with using other people's work as long as credit is given.

Why force yourself to reinvent the wheel?

There's nothing wrong with using other's inventions to LEARN from it or to ADAPT from it, but to just use their stuff as is. 

10 hours ago, iMtroll said:

There's nothing wrong with using other's inventions to LEARN from it or to ADAPT from it, but to just use their stuff as is. 

A trail script can only be written one or two ways though. So again, why reinvent the wheel?

10 hours ago, Darmuh said:

A trail script can only be written one or two ways though. So again, why reinvent the wheel?

Actually every company that uses the wheel does reinvent it. They use their OWN designs and grooves in the wheel itself to give it different effects.

Also there are more than just two ways to use a "trail script" and you know that for a fact.

So again, why so pedantic? 

Is there a way I can stop any other sound in script from playing? But not stop a specific sound playing?

Or if that's not possible, can I use ambient play so only one song in the background plays at once? Is that how ambient play works?

2 hours ago, jwofles said:

Is there a way I can stop any other sound in script from playing? But not stop a specific sound playing?

Or if that's not possible, can I use ambient play so only one song in the background plays at once? Is that how ambient play works?

You want it where it randomly picks a song each round ?

9 hours ago, iMtroll said:

Also there are more than just two ways to use a "trail script" and you know that for a fact.

But there only so many ways for it to be efficent and what bosnian is telling him to use is one of the best ways. If he wants to make it better then he can do it through asset manager not through gsc.

So again, why so pedantic? 

then only person being "pedantic" is you.

btw the wheel example is a retarded one because they might use their own design and groove but how the wheel works in a lot of cars are pretty much the same. Jwofles can just use a different trail design and change some settings in asset manager and it will still act differently and look different even with the same GSC script. and no one would notice unless they decompile the map :4_joy:

On 7/10/2016 at 9:54 PM, jwofles said:

map is 90% done (and not crashing). @MiKeY, I probably need your help to code an endroom  :)

Sounds like fun. Hit me up when I'm needed.

2 hours ago, Lossy said:

But there only so many ways for it to be efficent and what bosnian is telling him to use is one of the best ways. If he wants to make it better then he can do it through asset manager not through gsc.

then only person being "pedantic" is you.

btw the wheel example is a retarded one because they might use their own design and groove but how the wheel works in a lot of cars are pretty much the same. Jwofles can just use a different trail design and change some settings in asset manager and it will still act differently and look different even with the same GSC script. and no one would notice unless they decompile the map :4_joy:

I don't think you know what pedantic means.

Also I thought you were against decompiling other peoples maps to just take from them without learning how to do it yourself? Why the sudden change? Because your buttbudy Darmuh said otherwise? 

I would of been fine with it if Bosnian would have said "Decompile Xenon's map and learn how to do it from there and make your own". But instead he said "Look at Xenon's map for the script". Which implies that he just wants him to take it from the map. 

10 hours ago, siikdude said:

You want it where it randomly picks a song each round ?

nah, I have some secret songs and when they play I want the other songs to stop (the normal song that play on the map)- I was wondering if I could use ambientplay if only one ambientplay can play at a time.

23 minutes ago, iMtroll said:

Also I thought you were against decompiling other peoples maps to just take from them without learning how to do it yourself? Why the sudden change? Because your buttbudy Darmuh said otherwise? 

Well, what lossy was talking about was stealing whole traps and sections of gscs, I literally took 3 lines (basically 1 line because the other two are just { and } ). Plus, I'll give xenon credit and I'm sure he doesn't mind that I used his script. 

3 hours ago, iMtroll said:

I don't think you know what pedantic means.

I would of been fine with it if Bosnian would have said "Decompile Xenon's map and learn how to do it from there and make your own". But instead he said "Look at Xenon's map for the script". Which implies that he just wants him to take it from the map. 

Having concern about little things like you are about some script that isn't even made by xenon and has been public on the internet for over 5 years now

because the script has been public for over 5 years now(probably longer, going back to the first CoD most likely) and all it does is constantly loop an effect on player origin, not really much to learn from. Hardly a sudden change about some script that's public. Also i'm just against people taking stuff and not giving where credit is due.

Now stop your moaning and let this topic stay about jwofles map, if you want to moan about what bosnian said feel free to take it to pm's.

Every script is public once a map is uploaded to the internet so long as the scripts for it are compiled with it. So what you're telling me is that because the scripts are public it's absolutely fine for me to decompile a map and take what I want from it to use?

Raid Gaming everyone, teaching people to be more like Apple every day.

1 minute ago, iMtroll said:

Every script is public once a map is uploaded to the internet so long as the scripts for it are compiled with it. So what you're telling me is that because the scripts are public it's absolutely fine for me to decompile a map and take what I want from it to use?

Raid Gaming everyone, teaching people to be more like Apple every day.

IMO, It would be preferable if you changed the script a bit, but it's fine if you credit the person in some way.

1 minute ago, Caspa said:

IMO, It would be preferable if you changed the script a bit, but it's fine if you credit the person in some way.

Yea so I just stole this guy's series without asking anything