Followers 0
jwofles

[WIP] mp_dr_familyguy

65 posts in this topic

MAP HAS BEEN RELEASED ^

note- I did not make this, it's a PORT

og description-

sweet a family guy map .-.

Headdy and I were playing aL Gmod Deathrun when we came across a cool family guy themed map which was awesome because of the traps and it had some good sounds which was dialogue from the show. We got together and we thought it would be pretty cool in CoD4 so I got to work figuring out how to port css maps after s1ck and that guy who made tribute did it and I successfully got it in cod4.

Luckily, since it uses custom textures which were included in the .bsp (along with all the songs YUS!) I converted them to DDS and imported them using ass manager into radiant. This meant all I had to do was texture the whole map, fix it up a little and let Headdy script it all :>

It took me a few weeks to texture it, I could've done it really quickly but I was lazy. I added more geometry and fixed it up for cod4. After that, it sat around for ages and it's been waiting for Headdy to start the scripting for it. Obviously, he's really busy and he doesn't really have time for it so to make sure I don't forget and this map does get done someday, I'm putting it up here for people to see and give suggestions.

The only thing that isn't done mapping-wise is endrooms but those Headdy and I agreed could be done last. We're aiming to keep all the original traps (or at least try). Also I'm using makeshift lighting at the moment :dave:
p.s the skybox isn't great so if somebody could teach me how to make a good looking 2d skybox like the one used in sm world or even give me the from sm world, I would love that =)

Radiant Screens:

2f0343be56667f358c1239a9e372fa5c.png
4552e74a8573683833b4226e27dc420d.png
b24816f2a07d3863c21115b8f37998c6.png
e3a7c82986a8adb5019c51c08f41cd5c.png
594529a7a893c9b24e69fb4780b6dd2b.png
f2d3c20506d8bd1a9a72122d6d47fc9e.png

Credit
this map was made by Matasume, Severn and British and took them 50 hours in source SDK to make so please go and play the CSS version, it's super fun.
http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/144200

mapping:
headdy (thanks for doing the textures in asset manager and the idea @ the start :D)

scripting:

mikey (fixed my traps ;3 and fx and endrooms and everything)
troll (helping me with everything/getting started)
slaya (helping me with traps)
rednose (used his scripts as a base to start from)
triton (helping me all around)
zack (script help and also fan trap)

synd (guid secret script)

xenon (stole your trail script #scriptstealer)

Ah, I remembered playing this

Well, glad you guys were successful in porting it

Can't wait and expecting great end rooms ;)

(Peter's brain bounce room :dave: )

Idea for endroom, have Stewie's  time machine as the entrance that it send you to a room in the style of where they go in the show, for example the sniper room could be a world war 2 theme

yes yes yes! can't wait to see this finished and on Raid deathrun :troll: 

note- I did not make this, it's a PORT

sweet a family guy map .-.

Headdy and I were playing aL Gmod Deathrun when we came across a cool family guy themed map which was awesome because of the traps and it had some good sounds which was dialogue from the show. We got together and we thought it would be pretty cool in CoD4 so I got to work figuring out how to port css maps after s1ck and that guy who made tribute did it and I successfully got it in cod4.

Luckily, since it uses custom textures which were included in the .bsp (along with all the songs YUS!) I converted them to DDS and imported them using ass manager into radiant. This meant all I had to do was texture the whole map, fix it up a little and let Headdy script it all :>

It took me a few weeks to texture it, I could've done it really quickly but I was lazy. I added more geometry and fixed it up for cod4. After that, it sat around for ages and it's been waiting for Headdy to start the scripting for it. Obviously, he's really busy and he doesn't really have time for it so to make sure I don't forget and this map does get done someday, I'm putting it up here for people to see and give suggestions.

The only thing that isn't done mapping-wise is endrooms but those Headdy and I agreed could be done last. We're aiming to keep all the original traps (or at least try). Also I'm using makeshift lighting at the moment :dave:

p.s the skybox isn't great so if somebody could teach me how to make a good looking 2d skybox like the one used in sm world or even give me the from sm world, I would love that =)

Radiant Screens:

2f0343be56667f358c1239a9e372fa5c.png

4552e74a8573683833b4226e27dc420d.png

b24816f2a07d3863c21115b8f37998c6.png

e3a7c82986a8adb5019c51c08f41cd5c.png

594529a7a893c9b24e69fb4780b6dd2b.png

f2d3c20506d8bd1a9a72122d6d47fc9e.png

Credit

this map was made by Matasume and took them 50 hours in source SDK to make so please go and play the CSS version, it's super fun.

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/144200

CAME ACROSS IT WITH HEADDY? YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS MAP FOR MONTHS YOU SCRUB.

Yea but headdy has played gmod deathrun twice with be (.-.) and we were talking about people porting maps.

So shh, people don't need to know that :>

Looks good, i just hope people don't port all the maps from gmod/css over to cod4 as it lacks the mapping the skill.

Looks good, i just hope people don't port all the maps from gmod/css over to cod4 as it lacks the mapping the skill.

Indeed.

I should've probably made it from scratch but since it's a classic map I wanted to keep it in it's natural beauty :wub:

I'll put a sign at spawn giving credit and I'll have text on the screen and whatnot.

To make sure people don't think I'm really lazy I did add terrain and extra stuff that wasn't ported (it only ports brushes) and I am making completely new rooms. 

p.s sheep s1ck idea, I'll definitely do something along those lines :E

Staab was going through Gamebanana looking at which maps to port to cod4 xD

Staab was going through Gamebanana looking at which maps to port to cod4 xD

:troll: 

With the help of troll, slaya and rednose I made my first trap ever.

It has a sound and it does kill you.

Hopefully I'll be finishing this off soon :)

(Peter's brain bounce room  :dave: )

remind me to make this omg

Honestly just the style of the map is amazing I really want you to finish this.

I'm liking it. 

Keep up the good work! :)

Although I didn't play the GMOD version of the map, I've seen game play of it before on YouTube, and must say you've done a hell of a job. 

dank map mang do more stuff with this area of brushes my pal 

I'm liking it. 

Keep up the good work! :)

Although I didn't play the GMOD version of the map, I've seen game play of it before on YouTube, and must say you've done a hell of a job. 

Honestly just the style of the map is amazing I really want you to finish this.

That's because he ported it and ripped all the textures from the original map D:

Nice work though @jwofles. Now do the rest of the traps you scrub ;) and if you need help I can still do it, just stop moving your mouse on teamviewer :dave:

Thanks you guys!

and troll I will need some more help :lol:

hmu aswell if you need help, miss doing mapping and shit like that

Update-

All the traps have MOSTLY been scripted and are done, this means what's left is only endrooms and other things however, there are a couple issues. For starters, the map doesn't compile BSP properly (nothing changes after compile) so I have to figure out what is causing that. And as well as that, 8 2 of the traps are incomplete/don't work perfectly, I'll run through them quickly because I'm hoping somebody here can help me.

my problems.

Trap 3 (monkey):

There are fans that spin and a fence that breaks. Then, there is a script like glassv2 where it pushes you in a direction buuut if you leave the trigger it just stops (prematurely), otherwise it all works.

Trap 13 (balls):

Balls fall down, that's fine, but I don't know how to link the hurt triggers because the balls are an array and the hurt triggers are an array, how do I link an array to an array?

Trap 14 (doors):

When you go through an activated door it teleports you to another area which I've done but it's meant to push you forward and I'm not sure how to do this. I could use the same method as trap 3 (the fans like glass 2) but I don't know how to make it happen forever and only happen while you're touching the area.

Trap 16 (wheels):

Same as balls, wheels are an array, hurt trigs are an array, how do I link them.

These descriptions are vague, but hopefully I can put it on a test server soon so it makes more sense.

Anyway, you can see a common problem I'm having is a way of linking hurt triggers/making traps kill the player. if you know a solution or are willing to help me, please message me. I know it's lazy not doing it myself but this is my first ever map and the solutions for these issues are beyond me at the moment. I know very little GSC and the fact that these things are broken are stopping me from finishing this map as quick as I wanted.

Also I need help with endrooms but that comes later... :dave:

edit-

here's the error in compile bsp

R9KhkNC.png

I forget how to fix it ;-;

edit2-

the error of not being able to compile is the biggest problem atm and it means I can't go any further with development for now.

edit3-

fixed it by restarting my pc ;-;

Expression:
    diskBrushModels[modelIndex].numBrushes || diskBrushModels[modelIndex].numSurfaces || (diskBrushModels[modelIndex].triSoupCount[TRIS_TYPE_LAYERED] && diskBrushModels[modelIndex].triSoupCount[TRIS_TYPE_SIMPLE])

Module:    C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\bin\cod4map.exe
File:    .\bsp.cpp
Line:    343

anybody?

Try uninstalling cod4 modtools and never re-installing again

it worked, thanks!