Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BosnianArmy

[RELEASED] mp_dr_rooftops

32 posts in this topic

Hello there, :D

The map is finaly released after 2-3 weeks mapping. I had bugs/problems/errors here and there but got helped by many helpful people :). I want to say thank you to everyone who helped me through, teamspeak/xfire and teamviewer.

I will give credit to fearz since I got the script that it says hello to me in the server (map maker has joined blabla)

And to others credits from their scripts (idk who).

Anyways, map details:

• Author: BosnianArmy
  • map name: mp_dr_rooftops
  • size map: medium
  • diffeculty: medium/hard
  • traps: 18

This is my third deathrun map, so critism is welcome (my first one sucked and second one was better and this one is much better). Anyways I hope you enjoy the gameplay of the map and here below you will see the download link/s. 

Download 1#: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ftla7om06vq4ice/mp_dr_rooftops.rar

Download 2#: really soon

1. Traps. They seem ok, all I saw was simple not solid traps and move scripts, I saw nothing original at all.

2. Background, like seriously? just a blank skybox, you could have added things like mountains with trees on so you couldn't see out of the map and to make the map that little bit better.

3. Flow, I tried to play the map how I normally play, it didn't really work, the flow felt, quite bad.

4. Helicopters, was there any reason to use that many helicopters? You could have made it so the jumper gets in, and as the jumper is travelling, the activator can shoot the jumpers as a sort of trap.

5. Rooms, bounce room isn't very good, Sniper room is rushed, and I didn't look at the other rooms. 

6. Optimization. Don't say to me that I have a shitty pc, getting 1k on every map doesn't lie :troll: but anyway, I could barley pull 400 on this, so I'm not sure how other people will suffer from this.

7. Smoke, that fx isn't very good, you could have made your own better one than using a stock one. 

5/10 For Design

4/10 For Traps

5/10 For Flow.

Overall, 5/10.

Cmon man, I know you can do better! To me it just seemed like you wanted to release the map as fast as you can.

I'm not saying that my map has the best of shit, it's buggy as hell. why? Because I rushed it, this map has loads and loads of potential but I just don't know if you're willing to make it happen. 

May have missed somethings, will re edit if I remember

Terrible frame rate

Jumper teleport thing takes way to long and im guessing you can only go one at a time

Not fun to play, just running on some ladders and buildings

Its called rooftops :dave:

No shit, it isn't like we can't read the thread title. 

No shit, it isn't like we can't read the thread title. 

I was saying it to sheep :dave:

I was saying it to sheep :dave:

He is saying your map is as boring as watching paint dry. I don't care what the map name is it better be fun! :yay:

Why the traps are all the same .. and there's some glitches that lead you out of the map and when you jump on the buildings you'll go inside them , 

Why the traps are all the same .. and there's some glitches that lead you out of the map and when you jump on the buildings you'll go inside them , 

Then suicide if you get glitched?

And btw, most of the maps got the same traps. But I just started to script :okay:

And btw, most of the maps got the same traps. But I just started to script :okay:

Then why do you have to copy them all?

You tell someone to be original yet fail to do so yourself. 

Then why do you have to copy them all?

You tell someone to be original yet fail to do so yourself. 

I was talking about the copy of the map not the scripts

It shouldn't have glitches in the first place?

I appreciate that it's your first map that you scripted yourself so the traps aren't going to be amazing, but it seems like you rushed it.

NEVER good to rush a map to release, you'll miss out on the little things that make the map a lot lot better. Small details really count.

With another month or two of finishing things up and making it better and I would say this would be a semi-decent map, however unfortunately as it is I must say it's pretty mediocre.

Would give a 4/10 for the actual map, but a 2/10 for effort.

EDIT: Name is far better!

I was talking about the copy of the map not the scripts

This made no sense. 

Also, he shouldn't have to suicide if you actually made sure that no bugs were present. 

fak u sentrex posting before me 

My next map will be based on a minecraft theme, but I will not map until I am in the mood again to map :P

Not gonna want to sound like a dick but... this map is pretty bad. It doesnt make sense. A LOT of floating objects. Floating helicopters, buildings, etc. the map is boring. I find myself running through ladders building to building. Traps are repetitive aswell. Overall map looks poorly done. Also when I devmapped it, it seems the endrooms dont work. I dont know if thats just me though.

endrooms dont work. I dont know if thats just me though.

Might be because you need an activator for them to work?

Not sure, just a guess :p

My next map will be based on a minecraft theme, but I will not map until I am in the mood again to map :P

OH BOY, ANOTHER MINECRAFT MAP! CAN'T WAIT! 

Not gonna want to sound like a dick but... this map is pretty bad. It doesnt make sense. A LOT of floating objects. Floating helicopters, buildings, etc. the map is boring. I find myself running through ladders building to building. Traps are repetitive aswell. Overall map looks poorly done. Also when I devmapped it, it seems the endrooms dont work. I dont know if thats just me though.

endrooms are working?..

Might be because you need an activator for them to work?

Not sure, just a guess :P

Only bounce room works for me. 

Spike trap is the same as the doll trap, btw you can skip those traps by walking on the edge of the rooftops.

first spike trap deathtrigger is huge is SO OP but you can still walk round the right of the building  :dave:

you can also run past the spinner trap.

You can fall off the buildings as the acti near doll trap (where the two buildings meet)

ladder trap is overused and is boring.

Ladders looks weirdly placed, like they're floating or being held up invisibly.

fog is useless, doesn't even cover up the bottom, lowers FPS and gets in the way.

map all looks the same, grey and plain.

Music is.. annoying.

same building copied and pasted everywhere, wat.

bounce room..  you shouldn't die in it, it's unfair.

the bit where you fly is soooo slow ;-;

too many prefabs.

dude

so

many

prefabs

to get out of the map, at spawn, when you're on that brown ramp, you can drop below it onto a red bit, then on the left (looking towards activator) there's a door with a step, if you land on the step you won't die from fall damage and you are under the map, huzzah!

btw the only rooms that worked were old & bounce. bounce was really ugly and big and boring. old was.. old :dave:

I noclipped to sniper and it was pretty ugly, copied and pasted blocks.

Sorry Bosnian, this just isn't a very good map :<

p.s do you need 4 random songs?

I know it's your map and you want to express your music taste or whatever, but as well as having nothing to do with the map, they all sound the same ;-;

+ they make it 15mb larger :cry:

one more thing

PLACE SOME GOD DAMN LIGHTS ;-;

or at least a sun ffs

Spike trap is the same as the doll trap, btw you can skip those traps by walking on the edge of the rooftops.

first spike trap is SO OP but you can still walk round the right :dave:

You can fall off the buildings as the acti near doll trap.

ladder trap is overused.

Ladders looks weirdly placed, like they're floating.

fog is useless, doesn't even cover up the bottom.

map all looks the same, grey and plain.

you can also run past the spinner trap.

Music is awful :c

same building copied and pasted, wat.

bounce room.. YOU DIE? wtf..

the bit where you fly is soooo slow ;-;

too many prefabs.

dude

so

many

prefabs

btw at spawn, when you're on that brown ramp, you can drop below it onto a red bit, then on the left (looking towards activator) there's a door with a step, if you land on the step you won't die from fall damage and you are under the map, huzzah!

btw the only rooms that worked were old & bounce. bounce was really ugly and big and boring. old was.. old :dave:

I noclipped to sniper and it was pretty ugly, copied and pasted blocks.

Sorry Bosnian, this just isn't a very good map :<

Omg see people! Only bounce and old work!! I wasnt lying :happycry:

Floating helicopters

:facepalm:

Will try the map once I fix my stupid texture problem. ;-;