jwofles

[CLOSED] Official Raid Cod4 Mapping Competition

Hello again.   21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like EVEN MORE time (you already have a month)?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

126 posts in this topic

@@BosnianArmy, we talked

@Slaya, please attempt to get your opinion across in a more polite manner

Apologies if seemed that I'm directly insulting you when said you being being childish

you mad brother? :troll:

Not even gonna express how childish that was...

Don't think your brains can handle the point I'm trying to get accross so will just leave it at this.

@@BosnianArmy, we talked

@Slaya, please stop acting childish when attempting to get your opinion across

Wait, I'm childish? Please quote me one childish thing I said...

Bitch please... I'm not even gonna fucking tell you how stupid that is of you to say such things...

Don't think your brains can handle the point I'm trying to get accross

Now, please leave it be :dave:

Now, please leave it be :dave:

Nothing childish about that... What he said was in fact stupid and incosiderate. It pisses me off when someone says/pretends one person is better than another, which is essentially what Bosnian was saying. If anyone here is being childish it's him.

If you were reffering to the swearing, adults swear but they don't get called childish for it, infact, kids and teens have to have learnt swearing somewhere, so that would be extremely hypocritical.

Nothing childish about that... What he said was in fact stupid and incosiderate. It pisses me off when someone says/pretends one person is better than another

Calling him stupid multiple times is something that I would consider childish

Again, please leave it be and move on

Anyways, Rednose would be a good judge

One's opninion isn't a fact, fact is that there's nothing amazing about it.

Also find it funny how you mentionned Lossy would be able to make a good looking map in 2 weeks when his last few maps have been WIP for over a year.

hey i only have two maps that i've touched within that timeframe! god damn my motivation has dropped over that year :okay:

hey i only have two maps that i've touched within that timeframe! god damn my motivation has dropped over that year :okay:

You're still nub though. :troll:

@Anti shoutbox.

You're still nub though. :troll:

@Anti shoutbox.

shut up you made a rush shit map like me within a small timeframe :troll:

Anyone who dedicates him/herself to working on the map for 2 weeks (meaning actually doing shit every day unlike most of us :dumb:) can make a good map...

You forgot that I exist

I could work on a map for about a year and it would still be shit :dumb: 

No way anyone's going to be able to make a good map in 2ish weeks

Was thinking more like a day. And then you put it all together and it becomes a map c:

no one will do it because there be excuses like "i don't have enough time" etc...

okay then they don't get deh prize :happycry:

guys, why do we need such contests.

We all know that I am the best mapper. Pls, look at my maps... (mp_dr_headdy = best)..

Good point, I'll pass it onto the agenda.

Possible for BraXi/Lossy and Rednose :dave:

More mappers exist than that... Even you can take part Bosny-Poo!

I would love to be a judge  :)

Too bad you're being forced to take part  :troll:

Anyway, now that I think of it, a day is kind of not enough time at all and if people are trying to show their skills with making unique areas, I think a month would be good? And then once we've kicked a few people out we can have speed challenges and then for the last two it could be like, in a week, you have to make a forest area with a cabin and on a different .map fully decorated home and then like heaven or something and send it in. That doesn't sound too crazy right?

p.s you know you're popular when bosnian starts an argument in your thread  :sir:

So basically you want people to make useless "parts" of maps that will never see the light of day for $25? lmfao

Nothing good would come of that.

So basically you want people to make useless "parts" of maps that will never see the light of day for $25? lmfao

Nothing good would come of that.

So basically you don't read all of posts?

Nothing good will come from that.

p.s If you thinks it's wrong, maybe you should share ideas on what it should be?  :angry:

Small, detailed maps.

Rust/Killhouse/Shipment Size

TDM, SnD, Domination

Loadscreen

Minimap

2 weeks time

imho

Small, detailed maps.

TDM, SnD, Domination

Loadscreen

Minimap

2 weeks time

imho

I agree, then I think there can be some rules that make it fair (dunno any at the moment).

Anyway, for the judges, the maps will be marked on;

-Detail/Aesthetics

-Playability/Flow

-Uniqueness

-Optimisation

-Overall score

Can anybody think of any more?

(did not steal from the ZM moty rating :ph34r:) 

So basically you don't read all of posts?

Nothing good will come from that.

p.s If you thinks it's wrong, maybe you should share ideas on what it should be?  :angry:

I was replying to what you said here - "And then once we've kicked a few people out we can have speed challenges and then for the last two it could be like, in a week, you have to make a forest area with a cabin and on a different .map fully decorated home and then like heaven or something and send it in."

Smartass.

And what rednose suggested is probably best for 2 weeks time and doesn't require much scripting if any at all.

I was replying to what you said here - "And then once we've kicked a few people out we can have speed challenges and then for the last two it could be like, in a week, you have to make a forest area with a cabin and on a different .map fully decorated home and then like heaven or something and send it in."

Smartass.

And what rednose suggested is probably best for 2 weeks time and doesn't require much scripting if any at all.

Eh, you can make a script-fest of a regular MP map, just need to be creative with it. :dave:

Small, detailed maps.

TDM, SnD, Domination

Loadscreen

Minimap

2 weeks time

imho

this

NO FAKIN DEATHRUN MAPS >:C THERE R ALRDY MORE THAN ENUFF OF THEM :angryarnold:

mapping contest for "unmodded" cod4 (fun fun? :happycry:)? time till end of 2014, ONLY small shipment size maps?

i wud participate too :foreveralone:

Eh, you can make a script-fest of a regular MP map, just need to be creative with it. :dave:

what I was hinting at is you wouldn't be required to script many things as you would if you were making a deathrun map or whatever

this

NO FAKIN DEATHRUN MAPS >:C THERE R ALRDY MORE THAN ENUFF OF THEM :angryarnold:

mapping contest for "unmodded" cod4 (fun fun? :happycry:)? time till end of 2014, ONLY small shipment size maps?

i wud participate too :foreveralone:

You can only run custom maps with a mod unfortunately. So the maps made could not be used on the Fun server(not a mod).

what I was hinting at is you wouldn't be required to script many things as you would if you were making a deathrun map or whatever

Cod4 Mapping Challenge. ;)

You can only run custom maps with a mod unfortunately. So the maps made could not be used on the Fun server(not a mod).

i thought that the "only-stock-maps" thingy was forced by script :okay: havent touched cod4 files for a good while

If this is to proceed can we set something up, some sort of table or poll (no one has to vote but includes who's taking part) and get a date soon :3 i kinda want to work on something but actually time-frame myself. It will give me motivation to get back into mapping ^^. I don't mind what type of map whoever is after but i would like to give a xmas/snow map ago!  I have much free time atm :>

I like the enthusiasm Phelix :D

I've added a poll btw so vote what you want and stuff :dave:

I'll be in the contest :P 2 months vip is still on the table from me aswell. If you want something equivilent to 10 dollars, that'll be okay too.