jwofles

[CLOSED] Official Raid Cod4 Mapping Competition

Hello again.   21 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like EVEN MORE time (you already have a month)?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

126 posts in this topic

Waffles, just a suggestion for the poll. Take out 1 day cuz it's just :dumb: and make 2-3 weeks an option. In my opinion, 1 week is a bit on the short side, and a month is a bit on the long side. :D

Waffles, just a suggestion for the poll. Take out 1 day cuz it's just :dumb: and make 2-3 weeks an option. In my opinion, 1 week is a bit on the short side, and a month is a bit on the long side. :D

Done.

Thanks for voting guys.

The competition has STARTED! If you enter please make a post so we know!

Check the first post for details about this competition and keep in mind the competition starts from NOW (the 10th) to the 23rd 11th of January 0:00 AM (GMT).

Good luck everybody!

p.s if you have any questions or if you found any errors/grammar mistakes pls just post them so I can fix/add and stuff.

EDIT: added pole for extension time<3

EDIT2: extended time

Count me in, will start mapping this weekend when I released my other shitty map.

Oh yes, hopefully we can do this annually or something. Will probably start tonight :P

"(not official)."

Lets make it, first place also gets 3 months of vip on forums & servers, second place gets 2 months, third gets 1 month!

Also are the christmas models from Winter crash?

"(not official)."

Lets make it, first place also gets 3 months of vip on forums & servers, second place gets 2 months, third gets 1 month!

Also are the christmas models from Winter crash?

yea I think they were exported.

Also thanks for giving away VIP :* I was going to approach you but I forgot lel

I'll take part, no promises i will get it finished but i will post whatever i come up with by the deadline! 

Since the prizes having turned up a notch, I'm thinking of pushing the deadline way over to next month.

I think why give away such good prizes when it's a quick 2 week thing.. It feels rushed.

I'm all for Christmas maps and I think people should still go ahead and do them but just with longer time.

When you're luring people in a contest you're trying to make big with cool prizes, you may as well get quality content and not rushed stuff.

What do you think?

F... it, count me in.

Don't expect anything at the end of the month though, I'm a slow mapper

Would probably take part in..

If the time was extended as requested in the poll coz of assignments and shitzz.. 

If the time was extended as requested in the poll coz of assignments and shitzz.. 

Yes, that will definitely happen :P

YOU'RE ALIVE? :horror:

I would probably participate on this, are we supposed to record? Also, how much time do we have because i won't have THAT much time untill the 1st of january. i have a little bit time untill the 23rd.

24th = Christmas

25th = Family meeting

26th - 30th = skiing with two friends

31st = Birthday of a good friend of mine + new year, so we're going to celebrate those two things all day / night with a few people.

Jwofles is thinking about having it for a month i believe, correct me if I'm wrong jwofles.

If so, he needs to decide fast.

• NO custom xmodels, you are limited to stock models (and the christmas models linked further on).

this is racism :angryarnold: FAK U!!!!!

1538839_1432636596954175_182518011_n.jpg

Oh shit.. Terror will win now lol

mmLrbsV.png

But, yeah. I guess i'll do it, not sure if the timeframe will play out in my favor or not lol, and i'm already running out of ideas.

this is racism :angryarnold: FAK you!!!!!

1538839_1432636596954175_182518011_n.jpg

I'm sorry but it creates a disadvantage since some players can't get custom models and some can, I was thinking about the model packs from cfgfactory and mainly models from other games but since I'm nice, I'll add an exception for the rule if you are to create the model yourself. It's a mapping challenge remember so it's all about the mapping. 

oh and I'm moving the deadline to the 11th of January <3 (hopefully that'll be enough but we shall see as time moves on.)

You now have exactly a month.

if think we should be able to use custom models but with allowance of providing the files on this thread, maybe a template like:

Model name:

Model screenshot: 

Download link:

IDK, but stock models are not brilliant brilliant but it's still enough to work with, i just believe the extra addition of models may help improve map. Same may go for custom FX, not all of us are experienced with FX editor. 

@@Beatthat as far as i know you don't need to record but that has alerted something, it would be appropriate of evidence of when you have started to develop a new map since some might use an old project whats still in development as apart of this.

@@Beatthat as far as i know you don't need to record but that has alerted something, it would be appropriate of evidence of when you have started to develop a new map since some might use an old project whats still in development as apart of this.

I was thinking of making pictures if you're getting further, and then making a video out of it. I honestly wouldn't like to record, since it would just waste alot of disk space.

I was thinking of making pictures if you're getting further, and then making a video out of it. I honestly wouldn't like to record, since it would just waste alot of disk space.

yes, pictures are fine imo.