Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pixel

Assist me in a new PC!

89 posts in this topic

@BraXi

GPU - Oh and please read some about MSI's additional mobo features when a "Gaming" GPU from that one company is installed,

Why don't you list these features? I couldn't find any.

you're also ignoring it's cooling system.

Your argument is invalid. Gigabyte GTX 970 has better heat dissipation, mentioned it in my post.

Overall all 970s are comparable but you can get the most only out of MSI.

Proof? Benchmarks?

The difference between the different GTX 970 versions is marginal. Gigabyte overclocks the best, but it's noisier than the MSI GTX 970. The MSI GTX 970 doesn't have a backplate, but it's much shorter than the Gigabyte GTX 970 and fits better in smaller cases. MSI card looks better than Gigabyte card. Gigabyte has 3 DisplayPort outputs while MSI has only one. My point here is that you haven't provided any proof of this "MSI superiority over every other subvendor".

All of the GTX 970 are good, but Gigabyte and MSI cards stand out the most because of the features I've mentioned above.

Mobo (Audio) - If you want a perfect audio, just give Pixel additional money for a dedicated sound card,

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-FX-bulk-PCIe_946112.html 

25€

or try to convice him that getting a worse mobo just because it has a little better integrated(  :lol:) audio is good.

Worse? How come is it worse? Once again, you provided no proof for your accusations.

PSU - I don't know why are you hating Corsair so much,

Didn't you read anything I've said here? I'm not hating Corsair, it's just the fact that Corsair manufacturers its PSU in China, using bad Chinese capacitors. Bad capacitors mean higher risk of PSU failure.

XFX uses Japanese caps and gives its PSUs a 5-year warranty, while Corsair can't give more than 3 years of warranty because they know that a high enough % of the PSUs doesn't last that long.

their PSUs are very good and pretty much every benchmark site uses Corsairs for testing parts and OC.

They used to be, until they started to cut the manufacturing costs by lowering component quality. Just because some benchmarks use Corsair for testing, doesn't mean you should also.

XFX costs slightly more,

So you're saying you rather save pennies than have a PSU that's guaranteed to work 5 years?

and sorry but You're the only person I know that has XFX and a lot more of my friends have Corsairs

Well maybe your friends didn't know the fact about Corsair's bad-quality electronics in their PSUs? Also, as I mentioned above, Corsair didn't suck since the beginning of the time.

that serve them well for years.

Did you see this from your crystal ball or what? :dumb: consider your friends lucky if their Corsair PSUs lasts over the warranty period.

DVD - It does not matter what DVD-ROM he gets ;_;

Read my post. I just said you're confusing Pixel by changing the DVD drive without telling him why.

i've added a random rom to see a final price of whole rig

You could have mentioned this in your post instead of calling your suggestion the best of the best.

It does NOT void a warranty, you say Intel recommends, I repeat - recommends, and not REQUIRES ram to have v of 1.5 or less.

Intel has not approved CL9 1.65V RAM modules for their processors. For 1.65V RAM to work properly, you need to either overclock your CPU or use the XMP memory profile. Overclocking voids your warranty just like using non-approved RAM. 

If this was false-information, why even pcpartpicker warns you about 1.65V RAM?  :dumb:

I have haswell refresh mobo, cpu and exactly the same RAM sticks and it doesn't work slower as you're trying to prove here. My CL9 1600 runs at full speed and no voltage tables were changed. Prove your points before making false asumptions.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1719438/haswell-memory-voltage-question.html

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1996347/haswell-memory-voltage.html

Prove your points before making yourself look like an idiot  :dumb:

Kingston is a STRONG brand and their products are great, I myself use their ram for 11 years and not a single stick ever broke, I don't think they would sell "worse quality" crap.

Denied: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1894427/question-ram-voltage.html

"Kingston still sells DDR3 1600 cas 9 that requires 1.65v to reach that speed. Those are very low quality compared to literally every other company that has moved to 1.5v DDR3 1600 cas 9."

PS. Why would you OC your RAM?

:what: who said anything about OC'ing RAM?

Why Bosnian? I bet you're like me, don't have a clue what they're talking about

I understand it, but not all of it what Bear and Braxi are saying.

And btw, STOP DOWNVOTING ME FOR "I would say, listen to Bear :troll:" It was just a joke -.-..

So what? I can downvote you if I want, just stay on the topic. Don't do this again, bosnian.

So basically if I was you pixel, I'd just pick which one looks best to you. Both of Bears and Braxi's builds look good, they'll both work, they'll both do the thing you want them to do.

So, if I had to choose, I'd pick bears build.

Sorry for off topic post here, but I just don't get your logic Bosnian. When you are writing a post surely your thought process would be, "Will this be accepted as a joke (especially considering my -300 record)? If not, should I put a troll face to indicate sarcasm? Why are YOU getting angry at US for downvoting a stupid comment that YOU made?

This is clearly not the case for you since all you do is, make a foolish and frankly not funny post, wait to be downvoted, then proceed to complain about it in an equally foolish post!

And btw, STOP DOWNVOTING ME FOR "I would say, listen to Bear :troll:" It was just a joke -.-..

Fix this Bosnian, it's a lesson to be learned!

I don't know who's more knowledgable out of Bear & BraXi D: they both seem to have complete different views, but you're all going towards Bear's build, so I will read through this whole thread, do some research based around what you guys have commented, and pick the best stuff which seems good, then post the outcome here when I do. Haven't had time to spend time reading Bear's lengthy posts today, just got home, but, I will check them out later.

I appreciate the help from everyone :)

I don't know who's more knowledgable out of Bear & BraXi D: they both seem to have complete different views, but you're all going towards Bear's build, so I will read through this whole thread, do some research based around what you guys have commented, and pick the best stuff which seems good, then post the outcome here when I do. Haven't had time to spend time reading Bear's lengthy posts today, just got home, but, I will check them out later.

I appreciate the help from everyone :)

why not both?

take case, RAM, HDD and PSU from my suggestion and CPU, mobo and GPU from braxis suggestion? :awesome:

oh, and take one of the ODDs too :dumb: shouldnt be much difference between them

Edited by Bear

Why MSI GPU:

RAM: XMP profiles are allowed to use, you don't lose waranty for applying them, you lose your CPU warranty if it was damaged by overclocking, although you can buy "OC Warranty" from intel for 20eur and OC shit out of yar parts :dave:

You should've add 250GB SSD, or is the HDD good enough? :3

Read a page or two back for the SSD vs HDD debate.

Read a page or two back for the SSD vs HDD debate.

I know the SSD is alot better.. but SSD is more expensive :3

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/jKqFCJ I think this will be the final build of Pixel's PC :dave:

I thought his budget is £700  not close to £800? can get a cheaper graphics card that still do just as good, specially for the game he's playing.

I thought his budget is £700  not close to £800? can get a cheaper graphics card that still do just as good, specially for the game he's playing.

Yah I am going to be playing CoD4, DayZ (Standalone), GMoD, CS, Outlast, Arma 2 w/ DayZ Mod

Yah I am going to be playing CoD4, DayZ (Standalone), GMoD, CS, Outlast, Arma 2 w/ DayZ Mod

then you might as well get a GTX 770 2GB you'll be saving yourself about £75 and it work on all them games at constant 60fps with max settings.

EDIT: god dammit bear, why you have to post whilst i go for a quick piss!

I have to say, the GTX 770 are getting really cheap now. You can buy one (second hand) for like 180-200 euros. lol

Stop bumping old topics! :angryarnold: