Pixel

Raid Event - Thorpe Park 2015 [UK]

Thorpe Park 2015 [UK]   39 members have voted

1. 1. Are thinking about coming along?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

141 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am here to tell you all about an event of which a few of us plan on doing. Thanks to iMtroll for the suggestion to make it a Raid event. I hope I am able to do this?

Anyway, a few of us have planned to go to Thorpe Park in April 2015. Thorpe Park is a theme park in the UK, and it will be a great laugh to meet up, record some footage and great moments if you wish, and just have a general good time.

Thorpe Park is located here: Staines Rd, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 8PN.

We plan to hold this event on one weekend in April. This thread will be updated with information about the event when we know exactly what the plans are. If you have any questions regarding this thread, post here or contact me on XF.

Our current plans are as follows:

- Get a few rooms booked at a hotel (Depends on how many are going) the day before. (This is because a few of us have to travel a long way, like me and Triton) or a huge room. Depends how many people are going.

-Get to the hotel by Friday night, spend the day at the theme park on Saturday, possibly have something to eat out in the night, just have some fun :)

-Travel back home on Sunday. (For those who have school / college)

If you need to run this by parents, then sure you can, I will be 18 so I can talk to them if needs be and explain everything. 

Park entry costs £50, (Half price if you buy online) we are still sorting out the hotel arrangements and waiting until we see how many people are going.

You will also need extra money for travel, food and other expenses.

This is just a plan for now, and me and Staab are planning most of this, so any questions, contact us.

List of people who're going:

Pixel

Staab

Triton

Philopolemical

iMTroll (Maybe)

Lossy (Maybe) - Put you down as maybe because you didn't say no

Sentrex (Maybe)

Notes: Hotel is averaging around £80 for 2 nights per 3 people.

This information is not definate nor confirmed, but it should give you an insight of plans. After all, we still have around 5 months to plan.

If you would like to come, and are serious about it, PM me on the forums / XF. For questions regarding the journey, post here , or contact via XF / Steam.

Update: Forgot to mention, I should be driving there from Blackpool and picking Triton up on the way. If anyone else needs a lift, message me :)

If Sentrex does come, he might be able to drive if he passes his test in  time. He lives south near London.

Updated Information:

Alright, hotel problem solved. Me and Staab have been discussing it.

So the hotel we are staying at is Premier Inn which is 7 miles away. A few of us will get the car, and the rest will get the bus. We will have all bus number information so you know what you're doing, because you will need to change buses at some point. It takes around one hour on the bus and 20 minutes in the car.

Individually, you'll have to chip in £65 for a placement at the hotel; rooms cost £130 for two people as much as I am aware of, so divide that by 2 and tada.

You'll have to make your own way to the hotel if you're not getting picked up by car. If you need help finding the best routes, contact me and I'll help. You'd have to get the train to the best possible location nearest to the hotel which is located: 68 Staines Road West, Sunbury Cross, TW16 7AT.

There's a few possible outcomes to how we're paying for this hotel;

1. I pay whole, you give me money as soon as you arrive.

2. See if they accept online payments. If so, you may have to find a way to get the money to me online. If that's too much of a hassle, because it seems it is, then we will use method 1.

The dates are planned to be April 10th - April 12th. Time's have not yet been negotiated, but you will not be able to check-in without me there, as it will be in my name.

For a little more information, check out this link: https://pad.riseup.net/p/r.e83a3e63b116f66f2f95dbc96189f4b2

Note: Currently trying to find a cheaper hotel.

It'd be sweet, i'd go if I could, not sure how much it'd cost to travel to the UK.

It'd be sweet, i'd go if I could, not sure how much it'd cost to travel to the UK, and hotel rooms.

It's only for the weekend, so if you want to splash some money out for the weekend, then be my guest :) Or you could arrange to come here on holiday with family perhaps for a week and the weekend you can chill with friends :)

I can imagine it would cost quite a bit for you.

Over 2 grand my guess lol 

Nah, you can come here for less than a grand easy lol

e6b37af9517569423fdf24eb60c03b79.png

>mfw

i also put down 1 adult, 1 kid. not sure if I can stay in a hotel room by myself.

asking mom if i can go to united kingdom with friends for the weekend, will post response :')

I shall use raid paypal money to pay for my train ticket there and back :troll:

How much does it cost to add another person to the room? 

i don't wanna stay with staab

he'd kill rape me ;-;

Yeah Zack, you will only need travel here and back, you can stay in out hotel. Staab knows the costs.

Well, I've been looking at flights, and the cheapest I can find there, and back. If anybody wants to help me:3 :

Harrisburg, Pennsylvannia  TO  London, United Kingdom

Sounds like a cool idea. gl on the trip guys

always wanted to go to the UK ;_;

Sentrex being a new driver, driving to Thorpe Park... Oh gaaaawd! My life would be put at risk :o

Haha he's not the one that has to drive 275 miles :)

Good, now i can say all raid donations in march is actually my birthday money :troll:

money-quote.jpg

Enjoy your rides with that stolen money

We know the truth :troll:

Good, now i can say all raid donations in march is actually my birthday money :troll:

Maybe you could use that money to come along! You know you want to... <_<

Before I forget, as I have shitty memory.

I'm going to need to do a massive amount of research on hotels. Travelodge won't work because of the way it works, and premier in is fucking expensive, I'll do some looking around nearer the time but atm them 2 won't happen.

I'll talk more with you on this an what we will have to do soon. It may even mean that someone will half to go halves on rooms if we have to book 2 at £75 each...

Wanted to post this here incase I forgot