Pixel

Raid Event - Thorpe Park 2015 [UK]

Thorpe Park 2015 [UK]   39 members have voted

1. 1. Are thinking about coming along?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

141 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm in!

But I need the exact date at least two monts before for setting my holidays at work.

Guys, keep in mind the flights are in April, not november. Prices are lower in April. At least, from Amsterdam.

Considering that, I might look into coming to the UK, if my parents allow me to. (from NL-UK)

I could also take the train, that would cost me like 120 euro. It'll go to London St. Pancras, if someone could pick me up there :>

It'll cost me like 200 euro. It's quite a lot of money, so I need to discuss this with my parents and think about it.

. Travelodge won't work because of the way it works, 

wat

Despite living like 20-30 mins away no thanks, not with.. him  :horror:

def going if philo goes tho

wat

Despite living like 20-30 mins away no thanks, not with.. him  :horror:

def going if philo goes tho

stop being a secret old man and turn up! -_-

Before I forget, as I have shitty memory.

I'm going to need to do a massive amount of research on hotels. Travelodge won't work because of the way it works, and premier in is fucking expensive, I'll do some looking around nearer the time but atm them 2 won't happen.

I'll talk more with you on this an what we will have to do soon. It may even mean that someone will half to go halves on rooms if we have to book 2 at £75 each...

Wanted to post this here incase I forgot

We will figure something out :)

To all: Don't be afraid to share thoughts and opinions about the whole event. Your idea could be beneficial for others and work a lot better! Several minds a better than a few!

Guys, keep in mind the flights are in April, not november. Prices are lower in April. At least, from Amsterdam.

Considering that, I might look into coming to the UK, if my parents allow me to. (from NL-UK)

I could also take the train, that would cost me like 120 euro. It'll go to London St. Pancras, if someone could pick me up there :>

It'll cost me like 200 euro. It's quite a lot of money, so I need to discuss this with my parents and think about it.

You should definately be allowed. Just explain to them that I'll be 18 and IF Lossy comes, which he should, then he will be 20 (I think?)

For people who are actually travelling from another country just to see everyone is huge! It would be great if you came over Headdy :)

Hey!

I'm in!

But I need the exact date at least two monts before for setting my holidays at work.

The exact date is not yet set, all I can say is it's one weekend in April, probably the 3rd or 4th, that way, we avoid going on easter.

When I have figured more out about money, travel etc I will focus on the exact date,

It will be good for you to come!

i haf never traveled out of finland :foreveralone: i think ill stay here 

i haf never traveled out of finland :foreveralone: i think ill stay here 

Naw you should definitely travel to the UK  ^_^

Naw you should definitely travel to the UK  ^_^

That would cost for him alot lol.

Anyways, 70-80 pounds for 2 days in a hotel? thats just too expensive man. I know sure there is a hotel for 100-150 pounds for a whole week with a big bed where 2 persons can sleep. I would come over but my dad wouldn't never let that happen lol (yea he is quite strict because I'm still young for him..) And I don't have the money for that. I'm sure you need atleast 1.3K euro/pound to go there.

Think of: Hotels/eating and drinking and traveling and the price of the event and the drinking there. And then going into the town to Londen when the event is over (Idk how long its going the event), well if you want to know each other better you could travel through the town together :P

And a tip btw :p, if someone drives a car he/she can't drink (well max 2 beers).

That would cost for him alot lol.

Anyways, 70-80 pounds for 2 days in a hotel? thats just too expensive man. I know sure there is a hotel for 100-150 pounds for a whole week with a big bed where 2 persons can sleep. I would come over but my dad wouldn't never let that happen lol (yea he is quite strict because I'm still young for him..) And I don't have the money for that. I'm sure you need atleast 1.3K euro/pound to go there.

Think of: Hotels/eating and drinking and traveling and the price of the event and the drinking there. And then going into the town to Londen when the event is over (Idk how long its going the event), well if you want to know each other better you could travel through the town together :P

And a tip btw :P, if someone drives a car he/she can't drink (well max 2 beers).

Lol'd

The the hotel is cheap. £39 per night for 3 people. Book 2 nights = £80, depending on how many people come, depends on the outcome. I think we will work out somrthing where everyone chips in for the hotel, but like Staab said, we might not be going to that hotel, so it could be expensive like you say. We will look into the pricing.

I've already thought about everything to do with money near enough. This includes Park Tickets, Hotel, Food, Drinks, Extra Money for fast track, Money for petrol for those who are  driving, and money incase you want to go shopping or something on the Sunday before we travel back or something.

I am sure the people who are driving know the alcohol limit  Bosnian. I would never put anyone in danger because I want a bit of alcohol pleasure. No need to scare Triton :) We've passed our theory tests, we know the dangers, not to worry brah ;)

We shouldn't need like 1.3k each to go there lol. Think about it. Here's an average.

Park tickets £26 (Half prices online)

Food and drink (£50 or something)

Fast Track (£20 - £25)

Hotel (No more than £300 for all hopefully and we should all chip in to this)

Travel (Train travel will not cost a lot for those who live South, people North should be getting a lift)

Extra money for shopping (Not mandatory, you can bring however much you want)

Each person would need to bring at least £150. You can earn that in a few weeks, and get money from parents if generous.

If we work together to afford everything, it should be great. 

Obviously those travelling abroad will have to pay a lot more for their own travel, but once they enter the UK, we can arrange something to pick them up from the airport, depending how far it is. I will look into that on another date.

Thanks for your concerns though :) It's always good to make sure we've thought of everything, but the planning is still in it's early stages. We have loads planned already and have another 5 months or so, 3 for DeadEcho, but we should have dates by then :)

(Not read through this, if anything doesn't make sense, ask and I'll explain)

EDIT: Also for people who have college / school, if we go on the 2nd weekend in April, the week before should still be Bank Holiday (Easter Holidays throughout the UK) Therefore times should be easier.

My college dates for easter: 

Easter Break 2015 Start: Friday 27 March Return: Monday 13 April

But I finish on the Thursday as I am not in College on Fridays 

Yeah sure I'm up for it! Despite this fact: http://prntscr.com/4x0u5z :okay:

If anyone else needs a lift, message me :)

Unless you come pick me up... :D not "that" far

I might even bring a gift, Ebola in a box ;)

stop being a secret old man and turn up! -_-

I don't want to be arrested.. Maybe if you give me a disguise :ph34r:

Yeah sure I'm up for it! Despite this fact: http://prntscr.com/4x0u5z :okay:

Unless you come pick me up... :D not "that" far

I might even bring a gift, Ebola in a box ;)

Ebola in a box sounds too good to be true...

Perhaps you can bring an egg sandwich 

In April you're getting on a plane, getting questioned on your reasons to coming in the UK by airports and coming to Thorpe Park!

My original, childish and overly-excited view on this trip was positive... but nowhere near realistic. I've worked it out, given the costs you've listed and flights I've researched.  Especially considering that it's just a weekend, and spent with fgts :troll:

It would cost a total of 15,200 South African Rand, or 845 Pounds. I'm sure you can see from that, it just ain't gonna happen. Probably for the best... wouldn't want to infect the entire European continent with Ebola :okay:

Not that this offer was even aimed at me in the first place, still thanks for the thought.

No worries Tinman, I understand that it will cost a lot for people abroad :) 

It's good you considered it though!

Since the UKian nubs are having a meetup, us Muricans should as well

Field trip to ran down McDonalds on Vegas's strip starts next week at 2:38AM :dave:

We should all get one giant ass room and pitch in, but, trouble is, finding a hotel close enough that allows that :dave:

...and ends next week at 2:39AM :dave: :dave:

Edit: that split doe Staab :rage:

We should all get one giant ass room and pitch in, but, trouble is, finding a hotel close enough that allows that :dave:

Yeah I thought about that... would be hard to find a local hotel which allows that

Yeah I thought about that... would be hard to find a local hotel which allows that

I'm sure they'd allow that... so long as you don't tell them you're from Raid :troll:

200th post  :ph34r: 

I'm sure they'd allow that... so long as you don't tell them you're from Raid :troll:

Lol they'd wake up Lossy asking him to script their security systems 

Most hotels only allow 2 adults (16+) per room, that meaning we'd need to get a lot of rooms, meaning price, being massive.... it's gon be like 1 person pays for a room of 2, then another for another room of 2 ect 

Most hotels only allow 2 adults (16+) per room, that meaning we'd need to get a lot of rooms, meaning price, being massive.... it's gon be like 1 person pays for a room of 2, then another for another room of 2 ect 

We'll work something out :)

CAMP OUT