Grezwal

Computer Specs

293 posts in this topic

Finally got my new gpu after almost a month. It's the ASUS r9 280x Top Overclocked Edition

19fa417a3d5f3cdb60e64ce055418d5e.png

Damn, epic build :]

New parts

8jlk5rr.jpg

ebYA3v1.jpg

I'll take a picture of my gpu and ram later :sir:

Man, i feel like a little kid again when i got my first pc and started to play first cod sp and c&c all day long. this time i will be playing my newer games on high fps and better loading times :awesome: Better part about this, steam summer sale will start up soon! :>

Steam summer sale is the best sale.  Watch dogs is coming out soon, I can't wait for that game, apparently it will be awesome! :yay:

Steam summer sale is the best sale.  Watch dogs is coming out soon, I can't wait for that game, apparently it will be awesome! :yay:

Why has the use of this word 'Apparently' suddenly elevated so much?

Why has the use of this word 'Apparently' suddenly elevated so much?

No idea, apparently it's cool something

Nice specs dude my gpu is a 7750 with 2 gb ddr3 which is pretty bad if u ask me but i guess it fitted in my budget and i am happy with it :)

So this little guy just arrived at home today ^_^

p1T2Hfrh.jpg

MacBook Air 2014

Specs:

11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display

256GB PCIe-based flash storage

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz)

4GB @1600MHz

720p HD camera

Stereo speakers

Dual microphones

Full-size backlit keyboard

OS X Mavericks

9 hour battery life

And as my 2011 one, it's ULTRA lightweight and Attractive :wub:

So this little guy just arrived at home today ^_^

p1T2Hfrh.jpg

MacBook Air 2014

Specs:

11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display

256GB PCIe-based flash storage

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz)

4GB @1600MHz

720p HD camera

Stereo speakers

Dual microphones

Full-size backlit keyboard

OS X Mavericks

9 hour battery life

And as my 2011 one, it's ULTRA lightweight and Attractive :wub:

gg mba

Why didn't you go for a 13inch MBP? They are way better then an air.

Awesome laptop though :)

Why not get the super SLI-GTX 755M, Lenovo Laptop? It's the same price, and a couple people at my school have it, it's actually a BEAST of a laptop.

It's the Lenovo Y510p, there are multiple varieites, but the one that's $1200, it has SLI + 4th Generation i7 CPU.  

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y510p/?sb=:000001C9:00010254:

;__;

People, Y U NO LOOK AT COMPETITION AND ONLY BUY MACS BECAUSE THEY'RE BETTER THAN THE $400 TOSHIBA THAT YOU BOUGHT AND NOW YOU THINK ALL PC'S SUCK. ;__________________;

i cri evritiem. 

Why not get the super SLI-GTX 750M, Lenovo Laptop? It's the same price, and a couple people at my school have it, it's actually a BEAST of a laptop. 

Naw m8, it was for my Dad, he's got work and he carries a laptop with him every time. MacBook Air is ultra light, trust me. And it's got to be Mac OS, he needs a stable machine which won't fail in things or crash ever.

Also handle multiple tasks because he keeps open ~20 tabs in google chrome and firefox each, and still runs 10-15 sessions of different ms office products smoothly. Trust me, Mac are just made for hard-core multitasking. Just trust me on this.

He had been buying beast laptops (on windows) before and he told me that none of them could outperform mac os. 

Naw m8, it was for my Dad, he's got work and he carries a laptop with him every time. MacBook Air is ultra light, trust me. And it's got to be Mac OS, he needs a stable machine which won't fail in things or crash ever.

Also handle multiple tasks because he keeps open ~20 tabs in google chrome and firefox each, and still runs 10-15 sessions of different ms office products smoothly. Trust me, Mac are just made for hard-core multitasking. Just trust me on this.

He had been buying beast laptops (on windows) before and he told me that none of them could outperform mac os. 

if he wants multitasking he shouldve gotten more than 4GB of RAM

if he wants multitasking he shouldve gotten more than 4GB of RAM

naw m8 it's still pretty good ;) OSX Mavericks uses memory compression system which is already very useful ^_^

Windows computers can crush Mac OS...Trust me, I've used macs. I've also used mavericks. I know mac OS and Windows. And honestly, windows multitasks better, and they can perform better. Mac's put in the worst hardware possible, and charge for the highest-end parts. It's ridiculous and it actually pisses me off. My current craptop can run 20+ tabs in firefox and chrome no problem, internet tabs you can use on a computer running windows 95. Office can be a tad laggy, but honestly it's not that bad at all either with my laptop. I run 5-6 simultaneously and it's no big deal. And if you really just said, that Mac's are better for hardcore multitasking...:Facepalm:  I'd like to see a custom mac OSX run BF4, BF3, CoD4, Supreme Commander, Origin, Steam, Xfire, iTunes, Minecraft, teamspeak, and a minecraft server all at the same time and have next to NO performance issues. 

:facepalm:  I'd like to see a custom mac OSX run BF4, BF3, CoD4, Supreme Commander, Origin, Steam, Xfire, iTunes, Minecraft, teamspeak, and a minecraft server all at the same time and have next to NO performance issues. 

I told you its not for games :omfgwtfbbq:

Put OSX and Windows on the exact same specs, open loads of heavy officework, busy browser tabs and stuff downloading/syncing continuously... Mac is better here JUST TRUST ME, don't just say because you've used Macs, windows here just makes programs stop responding and starts dem lags...

And stop with those facepalms :/

In the end I don't like Mac OS for gaming obviously. It's a work beast.

I'm not on any one side. Please don't start the Mac/Windows fight. Linux is even better but needs more attention.

P.S. It's a MacBook Air anyway so that's even better ^^ try using a 2014 MacBook Air and feel how comfortable and portable it is, yet powerful ;)

You’ll hardly find a better keyboard and trackpad than the ones on the MBA. Compare with any similar ultrabook. It also has great battery life. It is actually cheaper than most premium ultrabooks these days, look up yourself.

EDIT: Found this independent review where they compare Win 8.1 and Mavericks on ease of use, features, manageability, security, etc.

http://www.infoworld.com/d/microsoft-windows/deathmatch-review-windows-81-vs-os-x-mavericks-228631

Edited by QueNNch

If you want a multitasking OS:

Linux > Mac/Windows

If you want a gaming OS:

Windows > Mac/Linux (And this will change as more and more games are linux compatible *cough*steambox*cough*)

Linux > all OS for pretty much everything besides gaming.

The reason MBA's have so much battery life is because the components in there are so weak and require such little power. But I agree, I do LOVE macbook keyboards and tracpads, except THERE ISN'T A RIGHT CLICK. >_< Have to push down that stupid option key just to right click. :omfgwtfbbq:

Mac OSX and Windows on same specs? I'd still take my chances with windows, mainly because it has minesweeper, so no matter how bad the computer is you can still play minesweeper. HUEHUEHE

But I agree, different computers have different purposes, but for ALL AROUND computing, gaming, music producing, video editing, surfing the internet, emails, etc etc, I believe a windows PC would perform better than a mac. But in specific categories, like producing, the mac wins by a land slide, mainly because those programs are designed for Mac OSX only. Oh well, who cares? It's personal preference anyways. I like having civil debates, ask Darmuh, we argue all the time. ;)

AND YOU DON'T LIKE MY FACEPALMS?? :OMFGWTFBBQ: :OMFGWTFBBQ: :OMFGWTFBBQ: :OMFGWTFBBQ: :Facepalm:  :Facepalm:  :Facepalm:  :Facepalm:  

The reason MBA's have so much battery life is because the components in there are so weak and require such little power. But I agree, I do LOVE macbook keyboards and tracpads, except THERE ISN'T A RIGHT CLICK. >_< Have to push down that stupid option key just to right click. :omfgwtfbbq:

Lol components WEAK!? Kidding me bro?? Flash storage, and great specs (see my macbook air post)

On MacBook you just tap with two fingers instead of one to right click ;)

Three fingers to drag, four fingers swipe up for multitasking, four finger swipe left/right to quick switch apps, five fingers pinch for all apps springboard... and many more :D

All gestures, animations and applications very smooth, even with a lot of load.

JUST TRUST ME ON THIS

Lol components WEAK!? Kidding me bro?? Flash storage, and great specs (see my macbook air post)

On MacBook you just tap with two fingers instead of one to right click ;)

Three fingers to drag, four fingers swipe up for multitasking, four finger swipe left/right to quick switch apps, five fingers pinch for all apps springboard... and many more :D

All gestures, animations and applications very smooth, even with a lot of load.

JUST TRUST ME ON THIS

WHY NOT JUST BE NORMAL WITH A FUCKING TWO BUTTON MOUSE INSTEAD OF MAKING ME USE MY FINGERS LIKE IM FINGERPAINTING OR SOME SHIT?!?

:troll:

I'm not on any one side. Please don't start the Mac/Windows fight. Linux is even better but needs more attention.

LINUX POWARRRR :awesome:

P.S. It's a MacBook Air anyway so that's even better ^^ try using a 2014 MacBook Air and feel how comfortable and portable it is, yet powerful ;)

You’ll hardly find a better keyboard and trackpad than the ones on the MBA. Compare with any similar ultrabook. It also has great battery life. It is actually cheaper than most premium ultrabooks these days, look up yourself.

Just did and found this little beast: Lenovo Y510P.

CPU: i5-4200M

GPU: Geforce GT 755 2GB HDDR5

HDD: 1TB SSHD hybrid

RAM: 6GB DDR3-1600/1866

SCREEN: 15,6" 16:9 HD 1366 x 768

Has additional ULTRABAY where you can install 2nd GPU, HDD/SSD or additional cooler.

Given the resolution, you can play almost every game on max settings (including BF4MP with 64 players), inserting 1080p screen in gaming laptops would be ridiculous and a waste...

Lenovo-Y510P.jpg

y510p-front.jpg

Ultrabay:

lenovo-laptop-ideapad-y510p-keyboard-clo

Price: ~640

It's much bigger and farrier than MacBook Air, do you even :dumb:

Not even a true ultrabook braxi...

WHY NOT JUST BE NORMAL WITH A FUCKING TWO BUTTON MOUSE INSTEAD OF MAKING ME USE MY FINGERS LIKE IM FINGERPAINTING OR SOME SHIT?!?

:troll:

I know you're just trolling and I'm not gonna take this talk further...

But Mac multitasking gestures, their smoothness, their 'quality' feel is so good you fall in love with it the first day :happycry:

My opinions are all completely unbiased :)

If one does not like MacOS or what ever it's called just install windows on a separate partition?  I did that with my old mac idk what mac it was though

I actully have no idea what I'm talking about 99% of the time

If one does not like MacOS or what ever it's called just install windows on a separate partition?  I did that with my old mac idk what mac it was though

I actully have no idea what I'm talking about 99% of the time

Yes, you can.  

Eh guys, you can enable a right click in 'settings>mouse'.

I've been using the Magic Mouse + Magic Keyboard for over 3 years, I still love it.