Grezwal

Computer Specs

293 posts in this topic

Descent  :)

EDIT: Decent*

Edited by QueNNch

Psst, QueNNch, use it when you fly vehicles on Battlefield, it makes it 100000x easier! I can dominate the sky with a controller, but I can hardly control myself with a mouse :(

Psst, QueNNch, use it when you fly vehicles on Battlefield, it makes it 100000x easier! I can dominate the sky with a controller, but I can hardly control myself with a mouse :(

Yeah I've tried, vehicles become easier to control but aiming on-foot is hard.

But I would still prefer overall keyboard+mouse usage in this game because of my muscle memory and better aim with that. I can't play all with keyboard+mouse and then switch to gamepad whenever I enter vehicles because remembering both controls is hard itself in the first place.

Using it for jet only is what I would do ;)

Well considering I played over 260 hours on BF3 on my Xbox, I can fly and control all vehicles no problem with a controller, and with my setup it'd be pretty easy to switch back and forth while entering and exiting vehicles. But trust me, drive with it, it's easier as well. Flying is 1000x easier, but as a gunner in the tank or something, use the mouse so you don't get restricted by the slow movement + sensitivity.

Bump

I got a new setup (/finally put them together, lol)

iMac 21.5" (mid 2011).

i5-2400S (2.5ghz)

AMD Radeon 6750M

OS: OSX 10.10 (OSX Yosemite DP1 + Xcode 6 DP1, with Swift support)

Magic Mouse + Keyboard

(iMac 21.5 2011 still has a optical drive + SD slot on the side)

----

PC (2014)

CPU: i5-4570

GPU: GTX770

Cooler: Gelid Solutions Tranquillo Rev. 2

PSU: Seasonic 520w

RAM: 8GB 1600mhz

Storage: Collection of several Disks, total: 4TB storage

Optical Drive: random shit optical drive

Monitor: Some 22" LG Full HD 5ms 75hz screen, great screen though!

---

Laptop:

Compaq Presario CQ70

Shit gets really hot (80-100 degrees)

Using as home/server (Ubuntu Server)

(i don't know the specs out of my head)

Image:

a4b358761611bf25540bae1543c81bf2.png

Well considering I played over 260 hours on BF3 on my Xbox, I can fly and control all vehicles no problem with a controller, and with my setup it'd be pretty easy to switch back and forth while entering and exiting vehicles. But trust me, drive with it, it's easier as well. Flying is 1000x easier, but as a gunner in the tank or something, use the mouse so you don't get restricted by the slow movement + sensitivity.

keyboard / mouse  is better :< just check my kills with vehicles in bf3 , you just need to get used to it or even bf4

keyboard / mouse  is better :< just check my kills with vehicles in bf3 , you just need to get used to it or even bf4

the number i dominated enemy team with helicopters is too damn high. KB+MOUSE FTW (although jets are crap with mouse).

Oh helicopters you fly with the mouse. Jets I can't fly with a mouse for crap.

even i cant fly jets with mouse, hard to aim with keyboard sometimes

My System. Built myself :)

Processor is lightly OC'd at 3.2GHz

Audio Card is the HT Omega Claro Halo XT

COD4 is installed on my Intel X25-m SSD

My operating system and a few programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Antivirus other basic stuff) is on my Crucial C300 SSD

The rest of my programs and documents are on the WD Caviar Black 1TB

I built the system 3 or so years ago, but so far the only thing that can really slow it down is rendering video, or rendering fractal art with Mandelbulber. 

http://i.imgur.com/uCvAj97.png?1

uCvAj97.png?1

SnipeD

*edit* I should have plugged in my 15 USB thumb drives and 4 external drives... would have made for a more interesting Speccy view haha :p

braxi pls your "flying skills" were more deadly than the enemy players :sponge: fatmobile though :ph34r:

and headdy, the build ima buy when im finished with this shitty job will pwn that crap ya call pc :troll:

took me 25 min to type this with mai brick phone . . . need to get dem micro sim to use the new phone :angryarnold:

braxi pls your "flying skills" were more deadly than the enemy players :sponge: fatmobile though :ph34r:

and headdy, the build ima buy when im finished with this shitty job will pwn that crap ya call pc :troll:

took me 25 min to type this with mai brick phone . . . need to get dem micro sim to use the new phone :angryarnold:

Cool, I can't wait to get a picture of your finished build!

Oh helicopters you fly with the mouse. Jets I can't fly with a mouse for crap.

Mouse is OK when you're chasing your target, but when you're chased then... BAILOUT!

anyway if anyone's upgrading to haswell refresh i suggest looking at i7-4790K which has base clock @ 4GHz, turbo @ 4.4GHz and is 10-15% better than 4770k. It's also now a bit cheaper than 4770k!

Speccy_shot_zps6f372688.png

Assembled myself :) oh and the HUAWEI mentioned in the "Optical Drives" section is in fact the MiFi I use to connect to the net.

Zac. :D

If your parents don't take your money, again... :dumb:

Even if you get yar pc you gotta know Xenon CPUs are shit and my 3770k (soon i7-4790K) will eat it on normal clock :troll:

Once i get my 780ti ill update this thread

I've recently upgraded my computer and thought to update the thread :) This PC isn't amazing but is good for the budget, here goes anyway: 

Case: Zalman Z9 Plus - 3 x 120mm Fans
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Processor: AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core @ 3.5GHz w/ stock cooler
RAM: HyperX FURY Series 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL10
GPU: VTX ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5
PSU: GS500 Corsair - 80 Plus® Certified
HDD: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive Caviar Blue - SATA III

I plan to use my old arctic freezer 7 cooler once cleaned and overclock to 4GHz and upgrade GPU to a R9 280x around march ^^